I need you to stop for a second. And think.
Try to remember the last time you washed your scarf or bonnet.
I wanted to send out a quick reminder to wash your scarves and bonnets!!!!! And don’t forget those satin pillowcases either. This seems like such a simple thing, but you would be surprised how long people will go without cleaning these things. You may have even shocked yourself when you really thought about it. Just think of all of the product build-up and gunk you might be putting back on your hair night after night. Yuck!
I’ll leave up to your discretion how often you plan on cranking up the washing machine (I hand-wash mine if I’m not doing laundry at the moment), but I suggest at least once a week. I aim to wash my hair once a week, so it makes sense that I make sure anything I put on my freshly washed hair is clean as well or it defeats the purpose.
Also, don’t forget to rinse those combs and brushes! I usually use a little shampoo or conditioner while I’m in the shower to take care of that.
Bonus: Making sure your head gear is clean is also great hygiene for your skin, not just your hair. If you ever notice a lot of break outs around the hairline and on your forehead definitely take how often you wash your hair coverings into consideration. Notice some unusual bumps on your face? Might be time to wash that pillowcase!
Subscribe & Don’t Miss A Thing!
New on HairGetsKinky.com:
- FitFriday: Tips to help you control your relationship with food
- WTFuzz: How can I get my thin edges to grow?!
- Nailed It!: Introducing PolishBox, the subscription service for nail care enthusiasts
- DMV Event: Smithsonian’s National Museum of African Art Hosts “Health, Hair, and Heritage”
- NYC Event: The SuperNaturals Presents: Next Level Hair [Hands On Natural Hair Workshop]
Join this site!
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.