*CONGRATS TO THE WINNER: JORDAN PRICE! EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE!*
Today is my birthday!!! *throws confetti*
I went out last night with my friends to bring in my birthday so I had to make sure my hair was on point. I decided to go with a good ol’ twistout. I washed [...]
I’m going to be really honest and say that I needed a break from my hair.
I don’t really wanna see Glory (that’s her name) until maybe September.
This past Saturday, I washed my hair and when I realized that I couldn’t make it to the event I planned to attend, I put twists in [...]
I recently shared some of my major hair fails on Carol’s Daughter’s Transitioning Movement site! Check it out and let me know what some of your embarrassing hair moments have been!
Yesterday was an in-the-house type day for me so I wasn’t really motivated to do something special to my hair. Who was going to see me anyway, right?
After I got dressed in the morning, I took down my hair and it was just massive. I’m like….alright….now what. But once I realized that I [...]
Last weekend I was talking to my girl Jocelyn of CurlyNuGrowth about my plans to do Marley twists for my trip to Trinidad. Jocelyn suggested I try out yarn wraps for a new look and volunteered to hook me up! Of course, I agreed and the following weekend we made it happen. I have [...]
Hey loves! First, I’d like to thank everyone that has been voting for me! The Natural Woman Magazine “Naturally You” Model Search looks like a fun opportunity for me and I appreciate every bit of support!
The winner is not chosen purely based on votes and comments, but they are a [...]
Some time ago I did a review on the Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum, but it was on my Marley twists. I wanted to check out it’s frizz control and shine power on my free-flowing hair so I gave it a second run on a fresh twist-out. I used it as my sealant [...]
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I hope everyone had a great time bringing in 2013! 2012 was full of many lessons and blessings and I’m looking forward to what 2013 has in store.
With the start of a new year, comes another milestone for HGK…
In the whirlwind that was December, [...]
When I was in school, I wanted big oversized twists in my hair. I knew my hair wasn’t thick or long enough for such an exaggerated style, but it never crossed my mind to just add the hair (DUH)! Toward the beginning of this summer, I saw a picture float across my timeline of [...]
I have issues.
My scalp has been really dry and flaky for years due to mild psoriasis. Every once in a while it behaves itself, but most of the time I avoid any scalp exposing styles like cornrows and flat twists because I never know how my scalp is going to [...]
Subscribe & Don’t Miss A Thing!
Join this site!
New on HairGetsKinky.com:
- KinkyKrush of the Week: Tekela M
- Meet Abenaa of Brownstone Natural Hair Studio + Feng Shui Organics Giveaway!
- A Review of Pampered Pits & why I switched to organic deodorant
- Luster Products introduces the “You Be-Natural” Keratin Strengthening & Conditioning System
- Nailed It!: Fierce N Tangy x Maybelline & Mojito Madness x Essie
- @OhMy_HighKai it's supposed to sound like "you don't even know" but kinda slurred when u say it out loud lol 45 minutes ago
- “@AdoreJatore: Hair dryers have an average lifespan of 3-4 years w/ regular use. But if you use it daily, replace hair dryers every 2 years” 4 hours ago
- The last panel answering some questions from the audience! #graduateyourcurls instagram.com/p/Zd8qP1LjeT/ 6 hours ago
- @curlynugrowth & Torey!!! #blacklove #naturalhair #graduateyourcurls instagram.com/p/Zd8RkPLjds/ 6 hours ago
- My boos @kinkyhairaffair & @naturalgaldiary put on a great event! 💗 #graduateyourcurls instagram.com/p/Zd8GLjrjda/ 6 hours ago