On the eve of my birthday, I attended a meet-up with Luster Products which included a demonstration of their newly launched “You Be-Natural” line. I remember the days when Luster’s Pink lotion was a staple in every hair care regimen, so I was interested to see how the brand would appeal to the new [...]
Here’s a fun event for all of you College Curlies out there: The Carol’s Daughter HBCU Healthy Hair Tour!
The tour, hosted by Myleik Teele of CurlBOX, features many of your favorite bloggers, including Ms. Vaughn, HeyFranHey, CharyJay and even me! I’m excited to help kick off the tour at Lincoln [...]
However, I was really excited to make it to the Politics of Black Women’s Hair Symposium hosted by the Africana studies department at the University of Penn. Most of the events I go to feature vendors with the occasional hair Q&A or [...]
Big Chop to Stop Cancer™
Celebrity Hairstylist to First Lady Michelle Obama
About Big Chop [...]
During my last few years of living in Washington, DC, I have found myself not only surrounded by many young and ambitious entrepreneurs, but by inspiring young women in small business. With that said, I would like to introduce you all to a new business team here in DC run by a group of talented [...]
If you’re a regular HGK visitor, then you know that I love Shea Radiance products. But even more than their awesome products, I love Shea Radiance’s continuous efforts to give back. When you purchase Shea Radiance products, 10% goes to women shea producers and currently supports eight co-ops in Nigeria.
Right now the Shea [...]
Hey loves! First, I’d like to thank everyone that has been voting for me! The Natural Woman Magazine “Naturally You” Model Search looks like a fun opportunity for me and I appreciate every bit of support!
The winner is not chosen purely based on votes and comments, but they are a [...]
Many of you follow me on my second Instagram account (@jaygray44) where I post a lot of fitness and healthy lifestyle photos.
Well, now I want to invite you all to join me on my next healthy venture and participate in the ZuriWorks Juice Cleanse with me! For those of you in the DMV area, [...]
I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!
Just wanted to share a little Black Friday deal I had going on…
FREE SHIPPING (within the U.S.) on “I Like It Kinky” shirts!!! This special is good until Sunday 11/25 @ 11:59pm EST so don’t wait! Get your shirt HERE!
I’d like to invite you all to join us for “Curlucopia: A Harvest of Curls,” the DMV Thanksgiving meet-up! We are having a canned food [...]
Subscribe & Don’t Miss A Thing!
Join this site!
New on HairGetsKinky.com:
- KinkyKrush of the Week: Tekela M
- Meet Abenaa of Brownstone Natural Hair Studio + Feng Shui Organics Giveaway!
- A Review of Pampered Pits & why I switched to organic deodorant
- Luster Products introduces the “You Be-Natural” Keratin Strengthening & Conditioning System
- Nailed It!: Fierce N Tangy x Maybelline & Mojito Madness x Essie
- Thanks for giving me my props, y'all...meanwhile, my lil sis is gonna tell me I don't get any for doing something I'm supposed to do =( 21 minutes ago
- @BeingABawse101 lol go to bed!!! 29 minutes ago
- @BeingABawse101 noooooooooooooooo =( 32 minutes ago
- I actually twisted my hair before bed...y'all proud of me???? =D 34 minutes ago
- @Crutch4 lol!! 1 hour ago